The 4th annual Garlic Dinner at Roadies Cafe
This annual fine dining event has become a much-anticipated fixture on the Gloucester food-lover’s calendar. Each January, expert chef Will Lute provides an exceptional three course dinner with each course featuring the complexities of garlic. No, this isn’t a hit-you-in-the-taste-buds-tapas-style meal that lingers on your breath for days. Instead, the subtleties of locally-grown organic garlic are explored in all three courses, including the dessert.
Each year the menu is a closely guarded secret but here’s what was enjoyed at the 2014 Garlic Dinner, which featured extraordinary black garlic from Barrington River Organic Farm:
- Entree: Seared Canadian scallops, wakame & sesame salad with black garlic syrup;
- Main: Lamb fillet marinated in coffee & black garlic, served with roasted royal blue potato, steamed vegetables, jus and topped with a cauliflower & black garlic cream;
- Dessert: Warm chocolate pudding with a sauce of chocolate, star anise & black garlic, served with vanilla bean ice-cream.
VERDICT: Subtle, complex, divine!
The menu for 2015 will offer different sensations but will be another triumph for foodies.
- WHEN: Saturday 17 January 2015, 6.30pm for 7.00pm entree
- WHERE: Roadies Cafe, Church Street Gloucester
- COST: $50pp for three courses. Roadies Cafe is fully licensed.
- BOOKINGS: Bookings for the 2015 Garlic Dinner are essential, call Roadies Cafe 6558 2772