(photo by Madelin Butler) A weekly wrap-up of things to do in Gloucester: events, activities and fun stuff too. Featured this week is Chill Out, an annual winter festival that fills Gloucester’s main street with market stalls, wine and cheese tastings, wood chop event, Car Torque vehicle display plus specially featured events including:
- Headwarmer Challenge – a hotly-contested competition for the coolest winter headwear.
- Tin Hare railway rides – an opportunity to experience a scenic rail journey in a heritage Motor Rail comfort from Gloucester to Bundook and return.
- Canine Capers – this dog show is a popular part of the Chill Out festivities, categories are: Smallest; Largest; Most appealing; Most unusual; Best groomed; Most obedient; Best under-12yrs handler; and don’t miss the hilarious Fancy Dress!
- Rides and fun: Carnival rides, giant slide, jumping castle, mini jeeps, obstacle course, carousel, fairy floss and popcorn of course!
- Live music: Hester Fraser outside the Fox Den Café, Original Sin at the Roundabout Inn.
Download the latest What’s On in Gloucester newsletter 20-26 July 2015