This annual winter festival fills Gloucester’s main street with market stalls, wine and cheese tastings, wood chop event, Car Torque vehicle display, carnival rides, Tin Hare heritage railway rides, Canine Capers dog show, and the Headwarmer Challenge for hand knitted head gear. To add to the fun of the day you can get into the spirit by joining the donut eating competition or wearing your favourite beanie and/or boots and enter in the Boots and Beanie Fashion competition. And don’t miss the travel deals available at the Helloworld Travel Expo.
Download the 2016 Chill Out poster here.
- Canine Capers – the much-loved dog show.
- Headwarmer Challenge – for beautiful creations knitted, felted, sewn or spun
- Wood Chop – At the Corner of Church & Queen Streets – Roundabout Inn from 11.00am
- Car Torque – Historic cars and bikes for the enthusiasts. Gold coin entry to display your vehicle. Cars will be in Church Street from Gooch Real Estate to the corner of King & Church Street into the car park in Billabong Lane near Campbells Engineering.
- The Tin Hare heritage motor rail – Jump aboard these two lovely old motorised carriages CPH1 and CPH7 for a return trip to Bundook. Covering this pretty rail journey at a maximum speed of 80kph, the train is 27 metres long and weighs 54 tonnes. Tickets $15 Adults, $7 children under 12 years, children under 3 years free if carried on lap (ie. no seat); family $40. A free shuttle bus will be available to the station and return, departing from the bus terminal at Billabong Park.
- 1st train arrives from Maitland at 10.36am, departs Gloucester at 11.05am
- 2nd train arrives from Bundook 12.09pm, departs Gloucester at 1.00pm
- 3rd train arrives from Bundook at 1.56pm, departs Gloucester at 2.10pm
- This train arrives from Bundook at Gloucester at 3.06pm & returns to Maitland at 3.15pm
- Rides and fun: Carnival rides, giant slide, jumping castle, mini jeeps, obstacle course, carousel, fairy floss and popcorn of course!
- WHEN: Saturday 23 July 2016
- WHERE: Gloucester’s main street (Church Street) from 9.00am
- CONTACT: Ernie Abeysekera at Helloworld Gloucester on 6558 1055