Winter is here – finally – so it’s the perfect time to extend your knowledge and enjoyment of gardening, cooking and eating! The next courses at the Tucker Patch for Term 2 and Term 3 start soon, check out the options below. Bookings essential, call Pat 0484 001 390
“Scraps to Soil” with MidWaste
Learn to use your own kitchen scraps to make nutrient-rich soil that your garden will just love. You’ll also receive your own compost bin plus aerator or a worm farm plus worms! Bookings essential call MidWaste on 0422 151 402 or visit www.midwaste.org.au/composting. Cost: $20.
- WHEN: Saturday 18 June 2016, 1.00pm to 3.00pm at the Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Rd.
Thai Cooking Demonstration
Saifon Cooper will offer helpful hints and tips on successful food preparation techniques while demonstrating three authentic Thai recipes using fresh Tucker Patch produce that’s available at the Tucker Patch farmgate stall each Friday. Learn how to get the traditional balance of sour, sweet, bitter and salty with recipes for the pastes that give this popular cuisine its special taste. Cost: $25 members / $30 non-members, and you get to eat the food afterwards for a three course tasting lunch!
- WHEN: Monday 27 June 2016, 9.30am to 11.30am at the Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Rd.
Principles of Rose Pruning Demonstration
Local expert John Gallaher will demystify the various methods of winter rose pruning. Learn about the good way to chop before you get those pruners out! Cost $25 members / $30 non-members.
- WHEN: Wednesday 13 July 2016, 9.00am to 10.00am at a venue TBA.
Plants to grow sucessfully in Gloucester
Nursery plant growing expert Marnie Johnson has been a commercial grower of all kinds of plants in the Gloucester area for over 20 years. She will teach you what grows best and where, so you’ll have a garden full of happy plants. Cost $25 members / $30 non-members.
- WHEN: Wednesday 27 July 2016, 10.00am to 12.30pm at the Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Rd.
Organic Pest Management
Marnie Johnson is a certified organic grower with years of experience in this area of essential knowledge. Learn how to control pests using organic methods to avoid spraying dangerous chemicals into your garden! Cost $25 members / $30 non-members.
- WHEN: Thursday 11 August 2016, 10.00am to 12.30pm at the Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Rd.
Tai Chi Intermediate
Open to people who already know the 18 steps. Led by Linda Benson. $2 per week.
- WHEN: Monday of each week (except in school holidays), 8.00am to 9.00am at the Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Rd.