The Headwarmer Challenge returns to Chill Out in 2016 but be quick, entries close 15 July. Creative knitters, felters, milliners and crocheters will show off their best headwear, hat, cap or beanie in this cool competition!
2016 entry categories:
- Rio 2016
- Nature’s Beauty
- Purely Practical
- NEW! A functional hand bag or carry bag
Submitted pieces can be hand knitted or crochet, felt, fabric or other material. Time to let your imagination run wild, with flair, or charming and sophisticated, rugged and rare. Entry fee is $10 per entry, pick up an entry form at Gloucester Town & Country store on Denison Street on download one from the Gloucester Business Chamber website. If you wish, entries can be donated for sale with proceeds going to Gloucester breast cancer and prostate cancer support groups, otherwise they can be collected after 2.00pm on 23 July.
- Each category: first place $20, second place $10
- Best Overall Headwarmer – hand knitted or crochet $25
- Best Overall Headwarmer – felt or other material $25
- People’s Choice Headwarmer Award $25
- Child 16 years & under: first place $20, second place $10
Entries must be received by Friday 15 July ready for judging and display prior to Chill Out on Saturday 23 July 2016.