University of the Third Age (U3As) are voluntary, self-help organisations. No qualifications are required to join, neither are qualifications awarded. U3As tap the great reservoir of knowledge, skills and experience found amongst the U3A community. At Gloucester District U3A you can enjoy the opportunity of making new friends and the company of like minded souls, in a pleasant, social and educational environment.
At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage.
(John Andrew Holmes, 1927)
Courses and activities on now, download the flyer for U3A courses 2016 Term 4 here. Enrollment day for Term 4 2016 is 10 October.
Make the most of the end of year season to learn something new, expand your mind or relax your body. All held at Citizens Centre except where noted.
- Easy Walking Mondays 8am (Gloucester District Park)
- Balance & Bones Mondays 8am & Thursdays 8am
- Majong Mondays 10am & Tuesdays 2pm
- Pet Dog Training Mondays 3pm
- Tai Chi Tuesdays 8am & Wednesdays 8.30am;
- Write On Tuesdays 9.30am
- Cards Tuesdays 10am;
- 3rd Tuesday Book Club Tuesday 2pm
- Indoor bowls Wednesdays 2pm;
- Scientific secrets for a powerful memory Wednesdays 10am
- Discussion Group Wednesdays 10am
- Games Morning with tiles, dice & cards Wednesdays 10am.
- Knitting & crochet Thursdays 2pm;
- Scrabble Thursday 10am
- Yesterday, today & tomorrow Thursdays 10am
- Favourite books & authors Tuesdays 10am
- Film Group Fridays 10am
- Women’s Health Wed 16 Nov only at 10am
- Irish Roots genealogy Wed 30 Nov only at 10am
- Armchair Travel Thu 1 Dec only at 10am
- Christmas Party Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 at 6.00pm
More details at their website or call Rod Menzel 6558 4190.