GACCI is pleased to announce an exciting new season of evening workshops for adults wanting to explore and learn creative techniques. This series of six fortnightly art workshops will be presented by local artists Judy Simonson in the School Of Arts rooms upstairs above the Gallery. Each session will have a new theme for you to experiment with a new technique.
You can enquire about the workshops and see Judy’s work on show in the gallery until Sunday 1st January. Workshop bookings can be made at the Gloucester Health Foods on Church Street, call 02 6558 2622.
The gallery workshop program is supported by the Regional Arts NSW Country Arts Support Program (CASP)
- Week 1 02 Feb: Introduction to course followed by fabric colouring and decoration.
- Week 2 16 Feb: Exploring Prisme paints and Sculpy Clay.
- Week 3 02 Mar: Using texture base and binder medium.
- Week 4 16 Mar: Using pure pigments on watercolour or canvas.
- Week 5 30 Mar: Creating faux leather from paper and experimenting with stencils and Lutrador, a fine fabric, made of spun polyester material.
- Week 6 13 Apr: Introduction to using synthetic felt and finishing any unfinished work from previous weeks.
- WHEN: Commences Thursday 2 February 2017, from 5.00pm to 8.00pm
- COST: $15 per person per session and includes some materials. A list of extra materials will be given in week one. Get 10% discount is available to GACCI members when booking all six sessions.