Universities of the Third Age (U3As) are voluntary, self-help organisations. No qualifications are required to join, neither are qualifications awarded. U3As tap the great reservoir of knowledge, skills and experience found amongst the U3A community. At Gloucester District U3A you can enjoy the opportunity of making new friends and the company of like minded souls, in a pleasant, social and educational environment.
At middle age the soul should be opening up like a rose, not closing up like a cabbage.
(John Andrew Holmes, 1927)
Courses and activities on now, download the flyer for U3A courses 2017 Term 1 here. Enrollment day for Term 1 2017 is Monday 30 January 2017.
Make the most of the end of year season to learn something new, expand your mind or relax your body. All held at Citizens Centre except where noted.
- Easy Walking Mondays 7.30am-8.30am (Gloucester District Park)
- Balance & Bones Mondays 8am-9am (Barrington Hall); Thursdays 8am-9am (Citizens Centre)
- Majong Mondays 10am-12pm; (Uniting Church Hall); Tuesdays 2pm-4pm (Citizens Centre)
- Bird Watching Mondays 5.30pm-7pm (Gloucester District Park)
- Tai Chi Tuesdays 8am-9am
- Write On – The River Writers Group Tuesdays 9.30am-12.30pm (at members homes)
- Cards Table Tuesdays 10am-12pm;
- 3rd Tuesday Book Club Tuesday 10am-12pm
- Exercise Equipment in the Park Wednesdays 8am-9am (Gloucester District Park)
- Powerpoint making Wednesdays 10am-12pm
- Indoor Bowls Wednesdays 2pm-4pm
- Beginning Bridge Wednesdays 2pm-4pm
- Scrabble Table Thursdays 10am-12pm
- Discussion Group Thursdays 2pm-4pm
- Film Group Fridays 10am-1pm (Barrington Hall)
- Pet Dog Training Wednesdays 8am-9am (at a private home)
- Games Table with tiles, dice & cards Thursdays 10am-12pm
- Knitting, crochet & chatter Thursdays 2pm-4pm
- Meditation Wednesdays 8.30am-9.30am
- What Price Democracy Wednesday 10am-12pm
- Know Your Medical Centre Wed 01 Mar only 10am-12pm
- On The Buses – Call Me Reg Wed 15 Mar only 10am-12pm
- A Guide for Incorporated Associations Wed 22 Mar only 10am-12pm
- Armchair Travel to Namibia Wed Mar 29 only 10am-12pm
- Sudoku Wed 5 Apr only 10am-12pm
More details at their website or call Rod Menzel 6558 4190.