Copeland Tops State Conservation Area is a precinct of natural beauty & colonial heritage not far from Gloucester New South Wales. You can uncover its treasures on these guided tours.
Mountain Maid Heritage Tour: This guided tour explores the Mountain Maid heritage gold mining precinct hidden in the rainforest near the village of Copeland. Peek inside the mine shaft, visit machining sheds, touch colonial relics & even pan for gold!
Rainforest Tour: Copeland Tops is a rugged wilderness that was once rich in the red cedar highly sought after by colonial settlers for construction & furniture. This guided tour takes you through rainforest gullies on timber boardwalks under the thick canopy near the village of Copeland.
Bush Tucker Tour: On this eco-cultural tour, your aboriginal guide will unlock the secrets of bush tucker & you’ll gain a better understanding of aboriginal culture: food, medicines & cultural practices.
Twilight Tour: These guided night tours operate seasonally through the year to view the glow worms, fireflys or other creatures of the night that inhabit the thick rainforests at Copeland Tops State Conservation Area.
All tours departs from the carpark at Copeland Tops State Conservation Area.
- WHEN IN JUNE 2018:
- Mountain Maid Heritage Tours:
- Tours depart 10am on Sundays for 3,17,24 June 2018; and 10am on Wednesdays for 6,13,20,27 June 2018.
- COST: Adult $12; child $8, Family (2A+2C) $28
- NB. Extra tours for the June long weekend:
- Mountain Maid Tours: Sat 9 June 2018 at 2pm; Sun 10 Jun 2018 at 2pm.
- Bush Tucker Tour: NEW! Sat 9 Jun 2018 at 10am. COST: $25pp (min child age 10 years)
- Rainforest Tour: NEW! Sun 10 Jun 2018 at 10am. COST: Adult $12; child $8, Family (2A+2C) $28
- TRANSPORT: You will need your own transport to the meeting point in the heritage precinct at Copeland Tops State Conservation Area (turn at Old Copeland Road) by 10am or 2pm as specified above.
- BOOKINGS: Bookings are essential at Gloucester Visitor Information Centre so you can be informed of the essential information for visitors on this tour. Call 6538 5252.