WHEN: Saturday 28 July 2018
WHERE: Gloucester’s main street (Church Street) from 9.00am
CONTACT: Event Coordinator Belinda Fowler email@example.com
Bluegrass, beer & barbecue!
This annual winter festival fills Gloucester’s main street with market stalls, live music, wine & beer tastings, wood chop event, a beard competition (new!), Car Torque vehicle display, Tin Hare heritage railway rides, Canine Capers dog show, and the Headwarmer Challenge for hand knitted head gear. To add to the fun of the day you can get into the spirit by joining the billy cart derby or wearing your favourite beanie and/or boots and enter in the Boots and Beanie Fashion competition. And don’t miss the travel deals available at the Helloworld Travel Expo.
- Canine Capers – the much-loved dog show.
- Headwarmer Challenge – for beautiful creations knitted, felted, sewn or spun
- Wood Chop – At the Corner of Church & Queen Streets – Roundabout Inn from 11.00am
- Car Torque – Historic cars and bikes for the enthusiasts. Gold coin entry to display your vehicle. Cars will be in Church Street from Gooch Real Estate to the corner of King & Church Street into the car park in Billabong Lane near Campbells Engineering.
- The Tin Hare heritage motor rail – Jump aboard these three lovely old motorised carriages CPH1, CPH3 & CPH7 for a return trip to Bundook. Covering this pretty rail journey at a maximum speed of 80kph, the train is 41 metres long and weighs 75 tonnes. Tickets $15 Adults, $7 children under 12 years, children under 3 years free if carried on lap (ie. no seat); family $40. A free shuttle bus will be available to the station and return, departing from the bus terminal at Billabong Park.
- 1st train arrives from Maitland at 9.40am, departs Gloucester at 10.10am
- 2nd train arrives back from Bundook 11.10pm, departs Gloucester at 11.25pm
- 3rd train arrives back from Bundook at 12.26pm, departs Gloucester at 1.00pm
- This train arrives back from Bundook at 2.00pm & returns to Maitland shortly afterwards.