Information & applications
Gloucester Farmers Market – Ethos
- An outlet for home grown and fresh regional produce
- Provide the community with fresh seasonal fruits, vegetables, flowers and plants from farms and growers in the region
- Reduce the cost and impact of food transportation
- Encourage organic production and a minimum use of chemicals
- Provide free advice to growers including how to adapt to our changing environment. (via the Tucker Patch)
- Provide free stall space to local not-for-profit and charity organisations wishing to offer food and beverages as a fundraiser.
- Provide a fun, safe venue for families and to encourage local entertainers
- Encourage recycling and use of non-plastic packaging
Gloucester Farmers Market was conceived out of The Gloucester Project, an initiative which aimed to support and encourage self-sustaining communities. A farmers market was a natural progression from this idea, as it provides the venue for regional growers and producers to come together and sell their produce direct to the community.
Growing & evolving
The Gloucester Farmers Market has evolved to include select artisans who’s creativity and craftsmanship complement the ethos of the Market.
Note: Gloucester Farmers Market stall attendance varies from month to month. Stallholders confirm attendance the week/day before each market, where possible this will be announced on the Gloucester Farmers Market Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/GloucesterFarmersMarket